Friday 15 July 2011

N-Zone frisbee.....a dangerous game! And a challenge for you all



So after yesterdays epic response to the honesty I expressed on my blog. I figure I will share more of my little life. Bet you all so pleased!

Yesterday I mentioned on Twitter that I am an adult civilian instructor at Air Cadets. After moving back to my home city with few friends in the immediate area I decided to get involved with Air Cadet 2438 squadron.

Over the last few months I have gotten more and more involved. I really feel I am giving something back to an organisation that gave me so much when I was younger.

The opportunities for cadets and instructors alike is immense. In the last few months I have even been gliding in the Vigilant (as pictured below) I was even allowed to take control of the aircraft!

Last weekend we took the cadets on a basic field craft weekend where they learnt camouflage and concealment. They slept in the woods under basher's which they had pitched. (picture below). For the whole weekend they ate MOD issue ration packs whilst practically sleeping under the stars. Air Cadets teaches them how to look after themselves, leadership skills and how to work as a team. Its the best thing I ever did when I was that age!
As an Adult Instructor I am organising a canoeing weekend as part of their Duke of Edinburgh Award. I also organise the sports activities on the squadron and I have challenged the Cadets to get fit using the the RAF recruitment training program.

So here is where the challenge comes.....If you want to get fit this summer get involved and do the 45 day program with us! You can sign up to the program online and they send you a text telling you what to do every day. No matter what your fitness level is you can take part! You do a 1.5 mile run on the first day and record your time. At the end of the program you do the same 1.5 mile run and you will see your improvement.

Last night I got the cadets to play N-Zone frisbee......Please see my war wounds to my knee below! Somehow I came off worse than anyone as I have an amazing ability to fall over!
I know this is not the average hobby of a boutique owner, but do you know what? It's a lot of fun! If you know anyone between the ages of 13 to 17 then point them in the direction of the 2438 squadron website. Also if your a big kid at heart then they are always looking for adult instructors.

I hope you will join me on my little challenge with the cadets....let me know if your taking part and we can provide moral support to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment